- Your Portuguese home is always vacant?
- You use your property only a few weeks per year?
- You would like to make some extra money on behalf of your property in Portugal?
Holiday rental could be the perfect solution!
Our company provides the complete service regarding holiday rentals in Portugal but particularly on the Silver Coast and Lisbon Coast.
Our holiday rental service
- We advertise your property on our own multilingual websites
- We advertise your property in the national newspapers
- We advertise your property on most of the specialized international websites
- We advertise your property in our shops which are all in prime holiday locations (only valid for the Silver Coast Portugal)
- We handle the entire process of Email exchange with the interested parts
- We handle the reservation of your property
- We prepare the welcome pack which will be available for all your guests at their arrival
- We handle the check-in and the check-out of your guests
- We receive the security deposit on your behalf, which will be refunded at the end of the stay and after inspection of the property
- We provide the necessary assistance during the stay of your guests
Our holiday rental fees
We are charging the usual fee of 20% + VAT which includes all the services already referred above. The fee doesn`t include the legalization of your property regarding the new laws of holiday lettings in Portugal.
Important note - The Portuguese laws regarding holiday rentals
In 2008 a new law has been introduced affecting holiday rentals in Portugal. Portuguese property owners who rent out their property in Portugal to paying guests need a license.
Where do you get the license?
You will need to submit an application at your council. By stamping the application, the town hall allows you renting your property. In the following 60 days the town hall may order an inspection of your property to check if all the conditions are being met.
If you wish our company is able to do this application for you and organize any necessary inspections. Owners of properties found not having the necessary license risk fines ranging from €2,500 to €3,740. The fines for companies can even go up to €25,000.
Which conditions have to be completed to enable the private holiday letting? Well, nothing very especial as most of these points below are considered as normal if you provide guest accommodation:
- Be in good general conditions
- Have hot and cold water
- Have sufficient ventilation
- Have blinds or curtains to block natural light if desired
- Have modern locks for security
- Have furnished rooms
- Have a minimum of one bathroom for every three bedrooms, including sink, toilet and shower or bath
- Have sufficient fire extinguishers and fire blankets
- Have first aid equipment
- Have manuals for all the existing appliances
- Display the international emergency phone number 112
- Be regularly cleaned (at least once per week)
- Towels and linen changed (at least once per week)
- Be connected to mains water (or bore hole)
- Be connected to mains sewer (or septic tank)
- An official complaints book has to exist in the property